Benefit-eligible employees in a .75 or greater FTE position can serve on university standing committees. Emeritus/emerita faculty are also eligible.
If you are interested in serving on a committee, you must complete the University Standing Committee Preference Survey, available online at the beginning of each calendar year. On this survey, you can indicate if you are interested in serving on University Standing Committees or Administrative Advisory Committees. The Provost’s website includes the list of standing committees and advisory committees (CSW is an advisory committee listed under Diversity Committees).
If you missed the University Standing Committee Preference Survey, you can also express your interest in being considered for the Council by completing our interest form. This form is available year-round on the Council website, however, we only review Council membership annually during the summer months.
Invites to join the Council are sent out in early August. Submission of interest does not guarantee membership.
Questions regarding the Council interest form may be addressed to email@example.com.
- Dedication to the mission, vision, values, and goals of the CSW
- Effective communication skills
- Working in teams
- Willingness to become informed about the needs of constituencies and issues of equity
- Serving on at least one committee of the CSW
- Attending CSW meetings, including committee meetings
- Participating in council and committee discussions
- Involvement in operations of council and committees
- Disseminating information
- Enhancing the council’s public image
- Time: 4-6 hours per month (average)
- Courage to be an advocate
- Encourage and facilitate attendance and participation of others at CSW functions/events