Benefit-eligible employees in a .75 or greater FTE position can serve on a university standing committees. Emeritus/emerita faculty are also eligible.
If you are interested in serving on a committee you must complete the University Standing Committee Preference Survey, available online at the beginning of each calendar year. On this survey, you can indicate if you are interested in serving on University Standing Committees or Administrative Advisory Committees. The Provost’s website includes the list of standing committees and advisory committees. Members selected for University Standing Committees will be notified over the summer by the chancellor.
Questions regarding the survey may be addressed to Donna Johnson at email@example.com.
- Dedication to the mission, vision, values, and goals of the CSW
- Effective communication skills
- Working in teams
- Willingness to become informed about the needs of constituencies and issues of equity
- Serving on at least one event committee of the CSW
- Attending CSW meetings, including committee meetings
- Participating in council and committee discussions
- Involvement in operations of council and committees
- Disseminating information
- Enhancing the council’s public image
- Time: 4-6 hours per month (average)
- Courage to be an advocate
- Encourage and facilitate attendance and participation of others at CSW functions/events